Friday, April 30, 2010

My experience with Callaway X22 Irons

When I first started playing, I went to Dicks Sporting Goods and bought myself a starter set.  It was a set of Slazenger Wrath clubs, came with a driver, two hybrids, and irons from p to 5 irons.  The Irons didn't feel too good for me, so I wasn't sure what I was doing wrong when I mis-hit a shot.  I then used my friends callaway X14's from back in the day.  The difference was literally night and day.  Earlier this year, around March, I went to a local pro shop and demoed a set of Callaway X22's along with TaylorMade Burner Irons.  I fell in love with the Callaway's.  The TaylorMades claim more distance, but I honestly didn't witness that, may be something petty but the false advertisement definitely made the TaylorMade less appealing to me.  I bought a set of X22's and I instantly shed about three strokes off my game.  This was incredible for me because I have slowly been making progress the last three years, and with these new clubs I did in one match what it took me to do in two years with other clubs.  


The feel is very smooth off virtually any surface.  It is light enough for me to control where I want the ball to go, and it is very forgiving as well.  More so than the TaylorMade I felt.  I would definitely recommend the X22's for people who have had a couple years of golf under their belt.  In my opinion, it is a great game improvement set.

No comments:

Post a Comment